By Angelika Hanna
This dish has not only been delicious but also fun to prepare. I find stuffing fresh veggies is an enjoyable part of cooking during the summer season.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian/Italian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 large green Bell pepper
- 1 large red Bell pepper
- 1 large orange Bell pepper
- 1 large yellow Bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced – optional
- 1 large cooking onion, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Fresh parsley, minced
- Shredded cheese mix
- 3 cups Marinara sauce: See my recipe in the separate post
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it apart. Fry until all the meat is browned, stirring frequently.
- Season with Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked rice, parsley and half of the Marinara sauce.
- Slice a 1/2 inch ‘lid’ off each Bell pepper. Cut out the stem and seeds.
- In an oven-proof pan, pour the other half of the Marinara sauce.
- Place the 4 Bell peppers on the Marinara sauce.
- Scoop the rice-ground beef mixture into the peppers.
- Bake for 45 min covered with aluminum foil.
- Uncover, top with cheese.
- Bake for another 5 min until the cheese is melted.