By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min + 15 min to cook and let cool off the quinoa
Total Time: 35 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled off
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 orange Bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red hot Finger pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Brown in the wok stirring frequently.
- Remove the chicken from the wok; place on a plate.
- Add the sesame oil and stir fry the garlic for about 30 sec.
- Add the cooled off quinoa, onion, hot pepper, zucchini, and Bell pepper.
- Season with the ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 4 min until the veggies begin to soften.
- Return the chicken in the wok.
- Combine all the ingredients. Cook for about 3 min stirring frequently.
- Stir in the soy sauce and cook for another 2 min to let the flavors blend.