By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min (for grilling the chicken)
Total Time: 40 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled, skinless, cooled off
- 2 cup Italian parsley leaves, packed down
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil (add a bit more if it seems too dry)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Topping:
- Toasted walnuts, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, garlic, walnuts, and olive oil until smooth.
- Add the parmesan and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cold, cubed chicken to the bowl with the pesto and gently toss to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, to allow the flavors combine.
- Bring to room temperature for 15 – 20 min before serving.
- Top with walnuts, cherry tomatoes, and parmesan.