By Angelika Hanna
I got the idea for this lunch from a potluck recipe post. It is an easy and quick-to-make summer lunch or party/potluck snack.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min (+ 10 min to pre-cook meat)
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 3 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cooking onion
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A few pinches of hot pepper flakes
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 7 multi-colored mini peppers, cut in half, seeds and stems removed
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Tex Mex shredded cheese ( or any other melting cheese)
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, salt + pepper, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mixture to the frying pan and cook about 10 min stirring frequently.
- Set aside.
- Season the pepper halves with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the ground beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- On a grill, heat some canola or vegetable oil.
- Place the stuffed pepper halves on the heated grill and cook over medium heat for about 15 min until the peppers show char marks.*
*Note: If you use a stove top grill, cover for the first 10 min with aluminum foil. It helps to cook the peppers semi-soft and the cheese to melt.