By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
Yield: Approx. 30 turkey balls
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the parmesan, eggs, onion, parsley, garlic, and olive oil and mix to combine.
- Let sit for 5 min so that the dry ingredients start to soak up the wet ingredients.
- Add the ground turkey into the mixture and work it in until it is evenly mixed.
- Form the turkey into 2 inch balls and place evenly spaced on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 – 30 min or until cooked through.
*I served it with homemade Marinara sauce and brown rice.