By Angelika Hanna
It is one of the easiest DIY in the kitchen. Fruit popsicles. All you need is your favorite fresh or frozen fruit, or – to make it even more easy – your favorite fruit juice, and some water. For some watery fruits you do not even need to add any water. As for tools – if you choose the fresh or frozen fruit option – you need a blender. Get your popsicle mold out and you are ready to go for the DIY. I chose my favorite summer fruits: watermelon and strawberry. No water was required for this fruit combination.
Prep Time: 10 min
Freeze Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 6 popsicles
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 cup fresh watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
Note: Measurements are not precise. You can add more or less fruit to yield the desirable amount.
- In a blender, place the watermelon and the strawberries.
- Puree until smooth. (If you use fruits that require some water to dilute, add it now – if you use fruit juice, you can skip this step)
- Fill the popsicle molds with your fruit liquid or fruit juice.
- Place the popsicle sticks in each hole.
- Freeze about 2 – 3 hrs until the fruit liquid is firm and solid.
- Once frozen and the popsicles don’t come out of the mold easily, run the mold under warm water for a few seconds.