By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 15 min
Dough Cooling Time: min. 2 hrs, overnight, can stay frozen in the freezer up to 2 months
Total Time: min. 2 h 35 min
Yield: 20 cookies
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp good quality Matcha powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut in chunks
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and matcha powder.
- In a second bowl, place the butter and mix using a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the powdered sugar and blend until combined with the butter
- Add the egg yolks continuing mixing.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gradually fold the flour/matcha mixture into the wet ingredients until combined and the dough is smooth.
- Cut the dough in half and shape into two cylinders of about 1.5 inches diameter.
- Wrap the dough logs in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until firm at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the dough logs.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 1/3 inches slices.
- Place them on the baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between the slices.
- Bake for about 15 min, or until the edge of the cookies start to brown slightly.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 min.
- Carefully transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack to let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Note: You can freeze the unbaked logs of dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 2 months. Let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting and baking. Do not let the dough fully defrost.