By Angelika Hanna
Another delicious German recipe from Manja’s holiday bakery.
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 12 min
Yield: Approx. 20 cookies
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2/3 cup ground walnut
- 200 g marzipan
- 1 egg white
- 3 drops almond extract
- Dark melted chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, break the marzipan into small pieces.
- Add the ground almonds, egg white, and almond extract.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix the ingredients together.
- Divide the dough on a piece of parchment paper in small portions and form approx. 1/2 inch thick rolls.
- Cut approx. 2 inch long rolls.
- Bake for approx. 12 min.
- Let cool off.
- Dip one side of the cookie into melted dark chocolate.
- Let the chocolate firm up before storing the cookies in an airtight container or tin.