By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 25 min (+ cooling time)
Bake Time: 20 min.
Yield: Approx. 20 cookies
Cuisine: World Food
Author: Angelika Hanna /Zest4Food
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Holiday sprinkles
- Dark melted chocolate to dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer.
- In a second bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mix gradually to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 30 min.
- Roll out the dough and cut shapes with holiday cookie cutters of your choice. ( I used a tree shape)
- Place the shapes on an non-greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
- Bake for 20 min., until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool the baked cookies to room temperature.
- Dip the tree stems in melted chocolate.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container after the chocolate is firmed up.