By Angelika Hanna
The most liked cookies on our annual cookie exchange among friends were these simple chocolate balls our friend Debbie brought. Sometimes the easiest to make and the most simplistic recipes are the most delicious and the favorite of all. Needless to say, I asked for the recipe and now share it here with my blog community.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp 70% dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Mix together the eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar using an electric hand mixer.
- Add gradually the flour and baking powder.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 3 hrs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Form balls of approx. 1 inch in diameter from the dough.
- Place the chocolate balls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approx. 10 min.
- Let the cookies cool off.
- Dust with icing sugar (optional).