By Angelika Hanna
Happy Halloween Season!
Prep Time: 15 min + 30-40 min refrigerating time
Yield: 24 (1×3-inch) bars
Cuisine: North American
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 bag (24-ounce) chocolate chips (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- Halloween candy of your choice to decorate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large heat-safe bowl.
- Bring water in a pot to boil.
- Place the bowl with the chocolate chips on top of the pot with the boiling water.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high.
- Let the chocolate melt, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate is melted, turn the heat off and fold the rice crispies into the chocolate. (You can do this with the bowl still sitting on top of the pot.)
- With a spatula, spread the mixture on your lined baking sheet evenly into a 13×9 inch rectangle.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Top liberally with the candies of your choice.
- Refrigerate until firm, approx. 30-40 min.
- Break or slice the bark into bars.