By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 45 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian/European
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless, cut in bite-sized cubes
- Extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp plus butter
- 1 cooking onion, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sweet & smokey Hungarian paprika, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp spicy Spanish paprika, or to taste
- Parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season your chicken cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the heated olive oil over medium-high heat until it is cooked through, approx. 10-12 min. Stir frequently.
- Remove cooked chicken from the skillet, wipe out excess fat with a paper towel.
- Add butter and heat over medium heat. When butter is melted, add the onions.
- Cook the onions over medium heat for approx. 4 min.
- If you use garlic, add it at this point, cook for 1 min.
- Add the cabbage and combine with the onion/garlic mixture.
- Add the paprika and combine well stirring it all together.
- Cook for approx. 15 min. or until the cabbage is tender over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Combine by stirring it into the cabbage mixture.
- Turn down the heat to low-medium.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes to let the flavors come together.