By Angelika Hanna
This recipe is inspired by Ina Garten’s Tuscan Roasted Potatoes & Lemon. It is a perfect savory side dish that goes well with any meaty main dish. Ina does not add any onions to her Tuscan potatoes. However, I find that onions and potatoes make such a delicious match. I never had roasted lemon in my potatoes before. So, it was a nice surprise to taste the caramelized lemon with those roasted potatoes. The rosemary rounds up all the flavors into a magnificent side dish.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 6 servings
Cuisine: Italian/North American
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and 1-inch-diced
- 8 large garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 4 Shallot onions, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 2 large or 4 small branches fresh rosemary
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- Kosher salt + Course sea salt to sprinkle
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, lemon, Shallot onions, olive oil, 2 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp pepper.
- Toss until all the ingredients are coated with oil.
- Spread out in one layer.
- Roast for 50-60 min, turning the potatoes with a metal spatula every 20 min, until the potatoes are browned and crisp on the outside and tender inside. The garlic should be browned and sweet, and the lemon slices caramelized.
- Discard the rosemary branches.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.