By Angelika Hanna
This recipe is inspired by Martina McBride. In one of her episodes on Martina’s Table on the Food Network, Martina prepares avocado hummus by mixing white beans with her avocados and herbs/spices.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Cuisine: North American
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 4 avocados, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly pressed lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- Combine the beans, avocados, parsley, lemon juice, salt, cumin, pepper, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor.
- Pulse 2-3 times, or until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Gradually add the olive oil and process until the mixture is creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with tortilla chips.