By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 15 min
Yield: 2-3 cups
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 3 ripened avocados
- 3 tbsp white onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp freshly pressed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A tiny pinch of cumin
- Smash avocados with a potato masher until coarsely mashed. There should be some chunks in.)
- Smash/pestle the jalapeno pepper, cilantro, onion, and garlic in a mortar or in a blender or food processor. (If you use a food processor/blender you can add the lime juice at this point. If you use a mortar and smash the mixture by hand, add the lime juice after the ingredients are smashed.)
- Combine the smashed avocados and the jalapeno-cilantro-onion/garlic mixture.
- Add the salt, black pepper to taste and a tiny pinch of cumin to round it up.
Serve with tostitos.