By Angelika Hanna
This simple and very easy to prepare recipe is perfect for a quick weekday vegan/vegetarian lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 11 min (plus cook time for the rice)
Total Time: 21 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: Fusion/North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- Extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 green onions, cut in rings
- 1 yellow Habanero pepper, cut in rings
- 1 hot red finger pepper, cut in rings
- 1 tsp ground Turmeric **
- Vegetable stock
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
** Make sure to get a high quality turmeric from a specialty store or health food store. It should have a dark golden yellow color for best health benefits.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for about 5 min. until the veggies start to soften.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same frying pan, add more olive oil if necessary.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the rice and season it with the turmeric. Cook the rice for a about 3 min. stirring frequently.
- Add the green onions.
- Return the broccoli and peppers to the rice and combine well.
- For a more moist outcome, add some vegetable stock.
- Turn the heat to low and let the flavors combine for another 3 min.
- Taste for more salt and black pepper.