By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 5-7 min + 10-15 min moisturing time for the wrapper sheets
Cook Time: 6-8 min
Total Time: Approx. 30 min
Yield: 5 wrappers
Cuisine: Fusion/North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 5 Egg Roll pastry wrapper sheets
- Pepperoni slices, cut into pieces (I quartered the slice)
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Tex/Mex shredded cheese mix
- Egg wash
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- In a wok or fryer, heat some canola or vegetable oil to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Before assembling your wrappers, place the egg roll sheets in between two moist kitchen towels for about 10-15 min to prevent the spring roll sheets from drying out.
- Assemble your wrappers: Spread the pepperoni pieces and the cheese in the center of each egg roll sheet. Roll it up. For instructions how to do it, there are good videos on YouTube.
- Brush the edges of the sheets with egg wash, fold over and seal. (The egg wash makes a good glue.)
- With a tong place the wrappers in the hot oil (wok or fryer).
- Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. (For example, Marinara sauce.)