By Angelika Hanna
This dish is a delicious lunch for two. No sides are needed in my view. It got it all: meat, veggies, herb, and a healthy grain.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Cool Time: 15 min
Total Time: 50 min
Yield: 2 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, skin on
- Extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 English cucumber, diced
- 1 medium-sized tomatoes
- 3 green onions, cut in rings
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Black olives, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, chopped (I used to flat-leaved but curly parsley works as well)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium frying pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and brown from both sides. Tip: Leave the skin on as it will keep the meat moist.
- Once cooked through, set chicken aside on a plate. Let cool off.
- Remove the chicken skin. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Cook your quinoa following the package instructions.
- Let quinoa cool off.
Assemble your salad:
- In a salad bowl, combine the vegetables, herb, chicken pieces, and quinoa.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper for the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad (My measurements for the dressing are very generous. You don’t have to use all the dressing. Conserve what you don’t use in the fridge.)
- Refrigerate your salad for at least 30 min to let the flavors blend.