By Angelika Hanna
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
Yield: 4 wraps
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, medium size
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skin on (the chicken conserves better its moisture when fried with skin on)
- Fresh spinach leaves, de-stemmed, washed, padded dry
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped (I used a mixture of red onion, sweet onion, and cooking onion)
- Avocado oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Buffalo chicken sauce (I used the bottled sauce)
- In a medium frying pan, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken thighs from both sides over medium-low heat for about 12-15 min.
- Set aside.
- Add more avocado oil to the frying pan and turn up the heat to medium-high.
- Add the onions. Cook until slightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Shred your chicken using two forks. Return the pulled chicken to the warm frying pan.
- Add Buffalo chicken sauce to taste.
- Mix the sauce into the pulled chicken until well combined over low-medium heat for about 2 minutes.
Assemble your wrap:
- Place your tortilla on a flat surface.
- Place the spinach leaves generously all over the tortilla (see my photo above.)
- In the center, spread the buffalo chicken and top it with the fried onions.
- Wrap it up.