By Angelika Hanna
This summer salad is plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. A tasty, refreshing, and healthy delight.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Cool Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: Vegan World Cuisine
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 cup of baby spinach, chopped
- 2 fresh medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, cut in rings
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- Some fresh peas out of the husk (optional)
- Parsley, chopped (I used the flat-leaved Italian)
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Rinse and cook the quinoa following the package instructions. Let cool off.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the vegetables (except for the avocado.)
- In a small bowl, mix together red wine vinegar and salt.
- Add the cooled quinoa.
- Add the dressing.
- Stir to combine. Add the avocado last, and incorporate it carefully into the salad (you don’t want to smash it.)
- Refrigerate the salad to let the flavors blend.