By Angelika Hanna
This Quinoa salad recipe is a tweaked Tabbouleh. It doesn’t meet all the criteria to be called the ‘classic’ version.
The classic Tabbouleh is made with Bulgur wheat instead of Quinoa. Traditional Tabbouleh calls for a lot of parsley (more than what I used in this recipe), fresh mint leaves, red chili powder, and lime juice.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min + 5 min resting time
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
Cuisine: Middle Eastern/Mediterranean; Vegan/Vegetarian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped, skin included
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red/purple onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly pressed lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cook the quinoa following the instructions on its package. Let cool off.
- Place the chopped vegetables and the parsley in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for approx. 30 min.