By Angelika Hanna
This recipe is inspired by my Facebook friend Debra from Colorado. In the past, I always liked Nachos at restaurants but never tried to cook them at home. Then, I saw Debra’s post on Facebook, and it looked and sounded so deliciously and easy to make. Debra inspired me for homemade Nachos and every time I make them, they turn out fantastic. I have made them over and over again. Thanks, Debra, for this awesome recipe!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 50 min
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 can (540 ml) black beans
- 1 medium-sized cooking onion
- 1 bunch green onions
- Black olives, sliced
- Japaleno peppers, sliced
- Cheddar cheese, grated (I used the Tex Mex mix)
- Nacho salsa (I used the spicy salsa)
For the Seasoning:
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chili seasoning
- Taco seasoning
How to cook the ground beef mix:
- In a large frying pan, heat some vegetable oil.
- Add the ground beef. Lower heat to medium and cook meat until it is well done.
- Add onions and seasoning.
- Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Add tomatoes and black beans. Cook for another 5 min.
How to layer your Nacho dish:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a baking dish, layer your ingredients: Ground beef mix, green onions, cheese, olives & jalapeno slices. Repeat one more time.
- Stick Nacho chips in your dish.
- Pour sauce over all the ingredients.
- Top with more cheese (optional).
- Bake for 20 min, until cheese is melted.