By Angelika Hanna
This easy and quick recipe is a specialty of Buffalo, New York state. It is simple and tasty and only takes just a little over 30 min to prepare. Buffalo wings are an excellent choice for many occasions: As a lunch main dish or a meaty part of dinner, a snack, a bring-along for a potluck, or any party. Good news is that you don’t need a BBQ grill. It’s great for people who live in a condo or apartment and don’t have an outdoor grill.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Yield: 8 wings
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 8 chicken wings
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- Dry your wings well with paper towels. (It is important that the wings are dry for a crispy outcome.)
- Heat 3-inches of oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit on food thermometer.
- In a separate small frying pan, combine Buffalo sauce, butter, and vinegar. Warm over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Taste for spicy-ness. If you like it less spicy, add more butter or a splash of water. For more spicy-ness, add more Buffalo sauce.
- Fry your wings unseasoned for 12-15 min. (Divide your wings into two batches. Don’t crowd them in your frying pan for the oil to stay hot.)
- When wings are fried crispy, toss them in a bowl to coat with the warm Buffalo sauce.
I served my wings with Tuscan style roasted potatoes.