By Angelika Hanna
A quick and healthy way to eat asparagus is simply steaming it in a steamer. It takes only 17 min for the asparagus stalks to cook soft.
I saved my leftover Parmesan-Panko crumbs from the oven-baked asparagus dish and heated them up in the micro-wave. They remained crunchy and made an excellent and tasty topping for the steamed asparagus.
Prep Time: 2 min.
Cook Time: 17 min
Total Time: 19 min
Yield: 2 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 pound asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- Oven-baked Parmesan-Panko crumbs, leftovers
- Place your washed and trimmed asparagus stalks in a steamer with water.
- Steam for 17 min.
- Heat up your leftover Parmesan-Panko crumbs in the micro-wave.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of your steamed asparagus stalks.
Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. (I used the spicy Portuguese style)