By Angelika Hanna
Gotta take advantage of the asparagus season! Today I transformed the asparagus into a stir-fry using the wok. To add some protein to the dish, I incorporated chicken. It’s a quick, easy, and delicious recipe for any busy day of the week – and it looks like Spring Season!
Prep Time: 10 min + marinating time in the fridge
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 2 servings
Cuisine: North American/Canadian
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 bunch green asparagus, trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 boneless, skinnless chicken thighs; cut into bite-sized cubes (the same amount of chicken breast works as well)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- A few pinches of sesame seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce and honey.
- Add chicken and toss in sauce mixture.
- Set aside in the refrigerator covered with plastic foil to marinate.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and saute until cooked ‘al dente’ approx. 8-10 min covered with the lid. Stir occasionally.
- Remove asparagus and set aside.
- Take chicken out of the refrigerator, remove from marinade and place in the heated wok.
- Saute until cooked, approx. 8 min, stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper adapted to your taste.
- Add garlic, green onions and saute for 2 min.
- Then, add the marinade to the wok.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in the asparagus and sesame oil until well combined.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.