By Angelika Hanna
One of the things I have missed most about summer and the outdoor grill is the BBQ ribs. For a few years, after we had moved to a condo and didn’t have a grill anymore, I thought, all the BBQ meats to enjoy at home were history.
When I heard that oven-baked ribs were just as delicious as those BBQ ones from the grill, I couldn’t believe it. Nevertheless, I gave it a try. The outcome was amazing. There is really nothing to miss out on an outdoor grilled rack of ribs. And the plus with my new way of baking my fav ribs in the oven is that I don’t have to wait for the summer season to get the grill going. Oven-baked ribs can be made and enjoyed at any time, any season and any weather condition.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Rest Time: 5 min
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 min
Yield: 2 servings
Cuisine: North American
Author: Angelika Hanna / Zest4Food
- 1 rack of pork ribs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- A BBQ sauce of your choice
- Your favourite vegetables as side dish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season your rack of ribs on both sides with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place your rack on a baking sheet pan with a higher rim; the more fatty side of your ribs should go side up.
- Cover your baking sheet pan with aluminum foil and bake your ribs for 2 hrs.
- Remove your pan with ribs from the oven. The meat should be tender when you poke in with a fork. (If the meat is still tough, return them in the oven with the foil over on – for approx. 15-20 min. – then, check again on the meat.)
- Transfer your rack of ribs to a plate and drain the liquid from the pan.
- Return the rib rack to the pan and brush then with the BBQ sauce of your choice.
- Reduce the oven heat to 275 degrees Fahrenheit, bake ribs uncovered for approx. 1 hrs (depending on your meat cut) – until the meat falls off the bone.
- Brush with another coat of BBQ sauce
- Let rest for 5 min before serving
Serve with your favourite vegetables.